Bitcoin is hot! It rose to $5480.68 per coin recently! People are scrambling to get hold of it. But, can you actually pay for things with this digital cash? Yes! This is by no means all of the businesses accepting Bitcoin, but it is an interesting list of big names to show you that it is now a serious currency to consider owning…
- Dell now accepts Bitcoin. They have a partnership with Coinbase, one of the most trusted exchanges.
- DISH Network – Internet service provider
- Newegg – Huge retailer of computer electronics and hardware
- Microsoft – Add money to your account with Bitcoin to buy apps, games, and videos.
- TigerDirect – California-based retailer that offers electronics, computers, and computer components that caters to business and corporate customers.
- Virgin Galactic – The Richard Branson-led aviation company started accepting Bitcoin for customers who are interested in flying to space and paying for it using Bitcoin.
- WordPress – The popular blogging platform used by some of the biggest media companies in the world has accepted Bitcoin since 2012.
- The Pirate Bay – A huge BitTorrent director with a large library of movies, television shows, software, and music started accepting Bitcoins in April 2013.
- Reddit – Reddit allows users to purchase Reddit Gold using Bitcoins.
- Zynga – A popular mobile gaming company loves Bitcoin.
- OkCupid – The online dating site started accepting Bitcoin for premium services in April 2013.
- Memory Dealers – Carries a large range of networking hardware equipment and computer memory.
- CheapAir – This California-based online travel booking website started accepting bitcoin in November 2013.
- The Sacrament Kings NBA franchise takes Bitcoin for food, clothing, and beer.
- Namecheap – This service offers inexpensive domain registration. It started allowing customers to pay with Bitcoin in 2013.
- Intuit – an American software company that develops financial and tax preparation software and related services for small businesses, accountants and individuals.
- Bloomberg.com – Online newspaper
- PizzaForCoins.com – Domino’s Pizza signed up
- Steam – Desktop gaming platform
- Subway – Eat fresh
- A Class Limousine – Luxury service will pick you up.
- Suntimes.com – Chicago based online newspaper
- Rakutan – A Japanese e-commerce giant
- MovieTickets.com – Online movie ticket exchange/retailer
- Yacht-base.com – Croatian yacht charter company
- Expedia.com – Online travel booking agency
- Save the Children – Global charity organization
There are thousands more and hundreds of thousands to come. Bitcoin is just an infant. More and more businesses will realize the value of this magic currency soon. Many wealthy investors are buying it up like crazy. Maybe they know something the general public needs to know!